I am a wearer of many hats Wheaton College in Massachusetts. Among these are Associate Professor of English and Film Studies, founder and coordinator of the Film and New Media Studies program and 2013-2014 co-director of the Wheaton Institute for the Interdisciplinary Humanities. The list goes on.
I primarily teach courses on new media, American cinema, and, when the opportunity presents itself, digital humanities. My research current interests/aspirations/projects are correspondingly varied, too, and address topics such as:
- digital literacy and hybrid pedagogy, especially within the context of liberal arts education;
- visualizing cultural data;
- mapping the spatial history of film exhibition in the US;
- fandom and transmedia storytelling;
- promoting and protecting open source, open access and the digital commons.